Sell gold Portland

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Avoid Wearing Traditional Army Boots

What is funny about keeping some old stuff is that they get so rusty, soiled, smelly and torn and yet you cannot afford to throw them away because they have come a long way and still maintain their sentimental value. Of course, this applies to people who are very nostalgic and develop a particular attachment to certain things that is why they cannot just simply get rid of old items no matter how many times you tell them they are no longer worth keeping. Just like me for instance, I love keeping memories and things that are handed down or just merely given to me even if they no longer serve any purpose. I just do not like the idea of throwing them away so I do not mind piling them up. And I have this one particular favorite item that was given to me by my aunt and that is a pair of traditional army boots. It was originally hers and she bought it during the 80's time and I have those boots now.

I am aware that army boots are commonly worn by military men long time ago but since they are making a big comeback now, they are not only considered a protective gear but also a fashion item. I am one of the many women who adore wearing them. However, since they were just hand me down present, they are obviously kind of smelly and worn out. My mother even told me to get rid of them already but I just could not. Not until I caught a fungal infection that I finally decided to throw them away for good.

The infection stayed for quite some time and I treated it with oral and topical anti-fungal medications. My feet were so itchy and smelly that my sister kind of avoided me for some time. It took me weeks to get completely healed. I guess my mom was right all this time. There are old stuffs that we should get rid of even if they have certain value to us because sometimes they can do more harm than good. I do not know why I did not listen to my mom and it is not because it is something fatal or what because it is not but I guess not until something bad happens that we would not learn our lesson. I will just buy a new pair of traditional army boots next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment