Safety work boots are generally utilized in the construction industry as well as other industrial settings, specially because of health and occupational safety laws. Various insurance companies also demand employees working in hazardous settings to wear safety work boots. Mandatory certification of these steel toe safety boots may also be required in some cases.
Safety criteria in the United States require that work boots carry certain symbols to signify the level of safety they provide.
- Boots with a class 1 toe cap as well as a puncture-resistant sole are indicated by a green triangle.
- Safety toe shoes with a class 2 toe cap as well as a puncture-resistant sole are indicated by a yellow triangle.
- Shoes that provide electrical protection carry a white square ohm symbol.
- Work boots that give you anti-static protection carry a yellow square C symbol.
- Safety boots that conduct electricity are indicated by a red square C symbol.
- Protection against chain saws is indicated by the symbol of the fir tree.
Some benefits of steel toe boots
Safety is one of the most significant and most obvious advantages of wearing safety boots. For instance, the kind of work which is done in the manufacturing industry, particularly with heavy machinery, helps you to stop accidents and also injuries. Safety toe boots are tough enough to take care of your feet from many work-related hazards in the construction industry.
Self defense is another area in which safety work boots can help. They are helpful if you get into a fight even if you are unarmed because they double the amount of damage you do to your enemy. A well-aimed kick from a steel toe boot would probably bring a strong man down.
Some drawbacks of safety work boots
Don't have any illusions, these boots are heavy. So although you can plant a memorable kick on someone's butt, you won't be able to do this as frequently as you like. It's difficult to lift your foot when you're putting on a bottom-heavy work boot if you aren't used to dressed in this kind of gear.
Calluses are other unfortunate adverse reaction of this steel toe shoes until you get accustomed to it. Get accustomed to beeping metal sensors at airports ? they won't let you forget you are wearing steel toe boots. But it's not a major matter since you'll probably take your shoes off at the airport.
Though, if you are seeking for something more casual or else trendy in the steel toe boot line, clogs or even sneakers would probably look loads smarter.